- ■Graduated in: 2007
- ■Place of Employment: Yuke's Co., Ltd.
- ■Job Title: Game Designer
- ■Type of Business: Game Production Company
- How I obtained this career
- I have loved Japanese games and animation since I was little, so I entered OCA to obtain technical knowledge and skills related to them. Corporate projects, in which we received training, assignments and evaluations from companies, were very useful for us in acquiring as much special knowledge as possible. I obtained a company internship through "We are OCA," which is an exhibition of students' work. I was able to make use of the knowledge I gained at ORCA during my internship, so it was a very important experience for me. I think the biggest reason for me getting a position at the company which holds No.1 market share in the world in the pro-wresting action game genre was that I was able to spend a great deal of time devoted to my studies during the 3 years. Currently, I'm in charge of game background design, and I participate in big projects too. It is of course a hard job, but I feel that every day's work is rewarding.
■Yuke's Co., Ltd.
Yuke’s Co. Ltd. is highly acclaimed for its developmental techniques, and has strong links with leading game manufacturers abroad. Yuke’s concluded a software development agreement for “SmackDown!” with THQ Inc., which is one of the leading American game companies and has the commercialization rights for World Wrestling Entertainment, the biggest pro-wrestling body in the U.S. Yuke’s maximizes its dominant position as a company which has an international operational presence, and performs very successfully in the North American and European markets.